Scene On Colfax encourages submissions from aspiring writers and photographers. More perspectives lend to a greater understanding of the current issues and themes of Colfax and its surrounding community. Submissions will be considered for inclusion in a future printed anthology. A monetary stipend may result in the event of a successful publication, but cannot be guaranteed.
Submissions must be fully edited and meet the criteria below:
- 500 – 750 words
- Title and date of profile.
- A focus on a person interacting on Colfax Avenue.
- Reveal an insight into the cultural or social issues of life in Denver and its surrounding communities.
- A clear understanding of the present situation of the person — how or why the person is at this point.
- Quotes– Let the lexicon and details they shared speak.
- Artistic craft in interviewing.
- At least one quality photo.
- All writers should get permission from subjects for full use of all material and photographs submitted.
What to avoid:
- Children: All subjects must be over the age of 18.
- Focus on business, buildings, or history of Colfax. This is a showcase of present-day freedoms, problems, and issues.
All submissions are subject to editing.
Send submission, photos, and a short bio to email@example.com with your full contact information. Review of submissions may take two weeks for a response.